What is a TTY and Why do you need it?
The Americans with Disabilities Act requires TTY/TDD units for public telephone locations that fall under the following criteria:
- Hospital Emergency Rooms or Waiting Rooms
- Public locations that have 4 or more pay telephones
- Stadiums, Arenas, Conventional Centers or Covered Malls
- Transit Facilities (as defined by Department of Transportaion)
- Correction Facilities or Detention Centers
Public Telephone will assist its customers in procurement, as well as installation of TTY machine to be installed in conjunction with our payphones; this equipment is purchased by the facility and remains its property, but may use the pay telephone and line provided by Public Telephone.